Peter Flemming Olsen
Førsteamanuensis i systematisk teologi
Areas of competence:
- Lutheran dogmatics
- Reformation history and theology
- History and theology of the Lutheran confessions
- Patristic theology
- Theology proper and Christology
- Properties of Holy Scripture
- Providence and theodicy
- Anthropology and hamartiology
- Atonement, justification and sanctification
I’m employed 50% at FIUC as a førsteamanuensis (assistant professor) in systematic theology. However, I mainly teach Lutheran dogmatics. My teaching and my publication draw heavily on historical theology focusing mainly on Martin Luther and on confessions. I have also done scholarly work on contemporary understandings of divine providence and theodicy. My current work compares aspects in the theologies of Martin Luther and John Wesley; especially law and gospel and the question of prevenient grace.
Besides my 50% employment at the FIUC, I teach and preach 50% in congregations and at Bible courses in the Danish Lutheran Mission (www.dlm.dk).
Production reported to the Current Research Information System (CRISTIN) in Norway