The following information concerns applications for the 2021 Autumn semester.
Are you interested in studying theology in English? Would you like to study at Fjellhaug International University College? We are currently accepting applications to our Bible, Ministry and Misison programmes, where English is the medium of instruction. You can read more information about the programme by selecting it on our front page.
How do I apply?
To register an application, please go to our local admission service and register an online application. Select the 2021 Autumn semester and register an application for Bible, Ministry and Mission. You may apply for our one-year programme, our three-years bachelor’s degree, or both. The application must be registered by March 1st, 2021.
What are the requirements?
The general basis for admission to universities and university colleges in Norway is called Higher Education Entrance Qualification. For applicants with foreign education, the requirements are specified in the GSU-list by NOKUT (the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education). To see the requirements for your country of origin, please look at the GSU-list (here).
All required documents must be uploaded digitally to your online application.
What are the fees for the programmes?
The current fees are currently at 3600 NOK per semester, whereof 3000 NOK consist of tuition fee to FIUC and the remaining 600 NOK cover the semester fee. The semester fee of 600 NOK also grants students membership in the Student Welfare Organization of Oslo (SiO) with all their benefits included. The fees are paid upon semester registration in August and January.
What are the important dates for the application process?
The dates and time limits for the application process are:
- Jan 1st – Mar 1st: Application may be registered.
- Mar 1st – April 15th: A case handler will contact you and inform you of the requirements for your country of origin. All requested documents must be uploaded by April 15th.
- April 16th-May 1st: Applications are processed. After processing, all applicants will receive a reply.
- Mid-August: Start of semester.
When can I expect a reply?
After April 15th, all international applicants can expect a reply. Depending on how many applications we have received, the process will take 5-10 business days. All applicants should receive a reply no later than May 1st.
What are the next steps if I’m admitted?
If you have been accepted at FIUC, the following steps describe your way forward:
- You must accept your offer within the time limit mentioned on your admission letter. You can register “Yes” or “No” by logging in to your application.
- If you need to apply for a residence permit to study at FIUC, you must contact the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI). Please note: Admission doesn’t guarantee that your visa application will be granted. Should your application for a residence permit be denied, please contact FIUC and inform us that you will not be able to attend the course.
- Applicants from outside EU/EEA may need to make a monetary deposit to a designated deposit account.
- Once you’ve accepted the offer and your student data is registered at FIUC, you will receive information on how to complete your semester registration in our Studentweb system. The registration includes both signing up for classes and paying the required fees. Students at FIUC generate their own invoice in Studentweb. Failure to complete the semester registration within the September 1st will result in revocation of your student right.
What do I do if I’m waitlisted?
Both our one-year and three-year programmes can only admit a certain number of students. If there are more applicants than vacancies, the applicants will be listed based on their GPA scores from the provided documents and other ranking regulations. The students with the best scores will receive an admission, while the others will be placed on a waiting list.
If you are placed on a waiting list, you can either forfeit your place on the list, or wait and see if you are accepted at a later point. All applicants on the waiting list who get accepted at a later point will be notified.
I have questions. Who can I contact?
For questions regarding the application process, please contact our Higher Executive Officer, Mr. Ingar T. Hauge (email@example.com). For questions regarding the study programme, registration or general questions regarding the student life at FIUC, please contact our Student Adviser, Mr. Aage Myksvoll (firstname.lastname@example.org).